Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Where I've been...

So, some of you wonder where I am, I suppose.

Call it writer's block...
or mother's exhaustion...
or my tendency to have a few too many irons in the fire.

It's been one of those kind of months where if you asked me, "So what have you been up to?"  I would probably say, "Ummm...I don't really remember.  We've gotten pretty muddy..."  Not because we haven't done anything, but in my life sometimes the wild, endless flurry of activity kind of all blends together.

On my agenda...
  • Clean off that dresser.  You know, the one I pile everything on now that the rest of my bedroom is clean.  I think I keep putting it off because I know that once I do, there will be nowhere to pile things.  Ah...then what?
  • Make a plan for the last quarter of school.  Time to survey how far we have come, how much is left to do, and prioritize what has to get done, and what can be good enough.  Because, it's time to admit that there are a few books we're not going to finish.  Tell me I'm not alone! :-) 
  • Make a plan for summer school.  We don't school year round, and we don't do much bookwork in summer...but we do do a little, and I also like to use summer to increase our focus on life skills, crafts, individual interests, etc.  
  • Think about next year and begin to budget for new books.  This is a love/hate project.  I hate spending money.  I love buying books!
  • Clamp down on the grocery budget.  I am Sisyphus...
  • Plant the garden once our absurdly late frost date rolls around.
How about you?  Is your school year preparing for the end, or do you zip along all year? 

No comments: