Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back in Town

Pardon my extended absence.  Over Christmas we drove nearly 4000 miles, round trip, to visit family in Pennsylvania and Missouri.  I told myself I'd blog during the trip - see, I'm realistic like that.

Well, we're back, and my brain is still slipping gears a bit.  We had a lovely time - it was wonderful to make it back to PA for the first time in a long time - and to see my brother and his wife for the first time in 13 years.  I loved getting to share more of my history and family with the kids.  And we always love visiting with Grandma Betty in Missouri!  But to make it all happen we spent 6 days (about 70 hours, including stops for a nursing baby) in the car. There were good moments and bad ones, but we are all pretty traveled out.  The level of organization needed to manage that large of a trip, with multiple stops, with many young children, makes my brain hurt. 

So, all that to say, I'm still here, and regular blogging will return.  As soon as I can think again...*yawn*


No comments: