Friday, November 18, 2011

Weekly Challenge: 4 Girls, 1 Room - the end (and a new mess)

So for a "weekly" challenge, I'm a little off schedule.  Welcome to my world. ;-)  Here is the finished product.  One benefit of my having neglected to post the "final" pictures is that I got to test out if the organizing in there did the job - the whole point is for the kids to have few enough things and enough usable storage to be able keep the room tidy without help.

They have an assigned time to straighten their room in the morning before school, but before, they just couldn't keep up.  Since we finished the project in there, they have been able to keep it tidy with 10 minutes or less per day of straightening.  Mission accomplished!


They did straighten up right before I took pictures - but not a whole lot.  The closet, especially, is pretty real - we didn't fix it up for the photo.  It's not the most fantastically organized closet in the world, but I'm ok with that.  It does the job.   It also needs the board games weeded out, but they aren't causing too much trouble, so I'll probably let that slide for now, in favor of moving on to another project that sorta needs my attention.


So, that's that.  I am now perfectly organized, and will spend tomorrow sipping lemonade and lounging on my porch swing....oh wait, I don't have a porch swing.  I don't really like lemonade.  Besides, it's a little cold for that.  But I assure you, the master bedroom is not completely out of control.  It does NOT look like this:


*Gulp*  That was hard to post.  But the most encouraging thing to me is when people let me see their real life - not the show.  So, yes, this is my room, as it looks just now.  I don't like it.  The mess is mostly mine; I really struggle with that.  I try not to beat myself up about it, because once I get started, I can get pretty mean.  Besides, I've had a very busy...year.  No, I really have.

New weekly challenge time!  And no time limit on this one.  I have no idea how long this will take, but reporting in weekly (or so) will keep me accountable.  I hope that as it gets cleaned up, you can be encouraged if you struggle with a lack of native tidiness as well!






4 Girls, One Room - Week 1 
4 Girls, One Room - Week 2 
4 Girls, One Room - Week 3




No comments: